PRESCHOOL SUNDAY SCHOOL – Fall 2012
We Learn About God’s Gifts
2’s & 3’s – 4’s & 5’s
Overview of Bible Lessons (Unit 1)
This four-lesson unit about creation covers each aspect of the work God did in the beginning. He started with nothing and added significant work each day to make earth a habitable place for man to live. The order of creation was as perfect as the creation itself.
God Made the World—This Bible material begins with nothing except God in Genesis 1:1. God spoke and things began happening. Learners will follow the events of creation in sequence.
God Made the Plants—Vegetation changed the landscape of the earth. God made them with a built-in propagation process; therefore, we still have plants and trees today.
God Made the Animals—The creation of the animal kingdom changed the earth scene as well. God made fish, birds and land animals as separate species. Never has one species of animal become another kind.
God Made People—Then came the ultimate act of creation when God made man in His own image. He was not God nor does he have the potential of ever becoming a god. But he definitely reflects God’s likeness.
This Unit and Your Children (Unit 1)
The intricate composition of the universe and everything in it is beyond the comprehension of the greatest of minds. We cannot expect young children to appreciate fully the magnitude of God’s creation.
Awe and wonder can be cultivated, however, as the children discover some of those intricacies for themselves. They accept with unabashed faith what some adults try to reason out with logical thinking.
Why is it important that children study creation? Because Satan is ready to devour the minds with contrary teachings. Evolution is such a farfetched theory that it boggles Christian thinking to try to grasp it. But when taught early enough to little minds, it confuses the truth for them.
We can see evidence of God’s creative work all around us. Teach your learners in such a way they will have no doubt that God made our world. They are capable of learning this simple Bible doctrine. God’s act of creation is one way He proves His love for people
We Learn About God’s Gifts – Lessons
• Noah Accepted God’s Will . . . Genesis 6—9
• God Made the World. . . Genesis 1:1-18
• God Made the Plants . . . Genesis 1:9-19
• God Made the Animals. . . Genesis 1:20-25
• God Made People . . . Genesis 1:26-31
• God Gives Us Families . . . Judges 13:2-25
• God Gives Us Clothes . . . 1 Samuel 1:1-28; 2:18-21
• God Gives Us Shelter . . . Ruth 1
• God Gives Us Food . . . Ruth 2—4
• God Gives Us His Word . . . Exodus 19:1-20; 20:1-21
• Josiah Finds God’s Word . . . 2 Kings 22:1-13; 23:1-3
• Jesus Reads God’s Word . . . Luke 4:14-21
• Timothy Learns God’s Word . . . Acts 16:1-4; 2 Timothy 1:1-5; 3:14, 15
• Paul Teaches God’s Word . . . Acts 16:1-5; 2 Timothy 1:1—2:15
PAGE FROM 4’S & 5’S LESSON
See the rest of the lesson pages here.
COLORING PAGE FROM 2’S & 3’S MAKE & TAKE
See the rest of the Make & Take Lesson here